Castillo & Associates Insurance serving Tucson, AZ knows all about heat, cars, and insurance. It’s Arizona, and some parts are hot.
In this incredibly mobile world, we start thinking of our cars as bubbles of conveniences that are extensions of our homes. However, unlike our homes, the small nature of cars has them soar to blistering heat, in a matter of minutes. Our most precious possessions: our beloved children, our animals, and technology: like phones and computers, can boil and die when exposed to too high temperatures. Unfortunately, those temperatures can skyrocket in a matter of minutes.
Here are some facts about heat and cars and the things precious to us:
- In 80 degrees to 100 degrees, the temperature inside a car parked in direct sunlight can climb to between 130 to 172 within 10 minutes.
- Over 600 children have died since 1990 by being left in a hot car. (This doesn’t account for the countless animals.)
- Exposure to high heat can cause permanent brain damage.
- "Just a moment, while I run in and do…" isn’t the way to think. It’s always longer and hotter than you realize.
- Children and pets are at higher risk for heat-related illness and injury than adults, partly because they don’t sweat like adults.
- Heat of only 90 degrees can fry the processor on your laptop or phone.
- Extreme heat can lower your battery’s life and make the hard drive expand.
- If your computer or phone does heat up past 90 degrees, let it sit in a cool room and allow it to cool down for 30 minutes.
If you want to know more details to protect all the things in your life, Call or visit Castillo & Associates Insurance serving Tucson, AZ, they take the heat out of any insurance issues you might have.